Amanhã terei minhas primeiras conversas pelo Skype e pelo telefone com as famílias! Estou bastante ansiosa e me preocupando bastante em não esquecer de perguntar nada.
Achei algumas dicas de perguntas para fazer no Manual da Au Pair Preguiçosa. Aliás, esse site tem várias dicas excelentes!
Vou grifar de roxo as perguntas que eu acho de EXTREMA importância:
(A maioria dessas respostas você já vai saber a resposta pelo perfil da família e pelos primeiros e-mails, mas mesmo assim, não esqueça nenhum detalhe!)
1. How many children are there?
2. What are their names?
3. How old are they?
4. What do they like to do?
5. What are they favorite games and toys?
6. Are they in the school? How far is the school?
7. How they go to school, by bus? Am I gonna be supposed to take them to school by car?
8. Se a criança for bebê: Is she/he walking and talking yet?
9. Are they energetic or calm kids?
10. What do they like to do in their free time?
11. What do they usually eat? (for breakfast and lunch)
12. Am I be supposed to make dinner?
13. Is there any kind of food that you don’t eat?
14. Have the kids suffer from any kind of allergies?
15. Will I be responsible for any household duties? If so, which ones?
16. What will be my responsibilities with each kid?
17. What will my schedule be like?
18. When I’ll have free time?
19. Will I have access to internet and computer?
20. Can I receive and make phone calls in your house?
21. Will I have time to study? What time? Can I study when the children are in the school?
22. Are there any English Schools near your house?
23. What time can I get home during the week and on the weekends?
24. Will I have permission to use the car? How often? How far?
25. Is a state driver’s license required?
26. Are there only certain times when I can use the car?
27. Can I use the car in my free time?
28. Will I have to pay for the gas when I use the car?
29. What is your names? How old are you?
30. Do they both parents work?
31. Where do you work and what do you do?
32. Do you some?
33. Do you have any religion?
34. Why are you interested in getting an au Pair?
35. Have you ever had an au pair before? Is she living with you yet?
36. Would you mind if I ask you to talk to her or send her an e-mail?
37. What are your hobbies?
38. Do family members or relatives live nearby?
39. What qualities do you find important in an au Pair? What are you expecting from me?
40. What are the house’s rules?
41. What are the family activities on the weekends?
42. Where do you live? In whih state?
43. Is it a small town?
44. Is it near a big city? Which one?
45. Is it too cold in the city? Snow there?
46. Do you live in house or apartment?
47. Do you have pets?
48. Do you have a housekeeper?
49. What about the au pair’s bedroom, what part of the house is the bedroom located?
50. Will I have a private room, bathroom? Will I have TV in my room?
51. Are there other families with children nearby?
52. Are there any other au pairs in the area?
53. What things are there to do with the children?
54. What do you think about the family? And the kids?
55. Are they nice with you?
56. Do they pay you weekly or per month?
57. Do you do extra work? I mean, if you work for other people, take care of their kids or clean the garden from neighborhood?
58. Do you do any course? If so, are the courses near from the house?
59. How are the kids and the family in your opinion?
60. Is there any cool near place to go there?
61. What do you most like to do in your free time?
62. What do you think they would like to receive as a gift?
Como vocês podem ver, a maioria das pergunta é imprescindível. Algumas são meio óbvias, mas, mesmo assim, não deixe de perguntar.
Se a família já tiver uma au pair e você puder conversar com ela, faça O MAIOR NÚMERO DE PERGUNTAS POSSÍVEL. São elas que lhe dirão como a família é na visão de uma au pair, de alguém que trabalha para a família.
Já li por aí que muitas vezes as futuras au pairs durante uma match se encantam com uma família, mas depois que conversam com a atual au pair, desanimam completamente. Portanto, aproveitem todas as oportunidades e tirem todas as suas dúvidas nas interviews. Se houver algo que você não se sinta tão a vontade de perguntar pelo telefone ou skype, escreva em algum e-mail, mas não guarde para você.
E aí, vocês têm alguma dica do que devemos perguntar nas interviews?